Elijah and Oscar!

The adventures of two extraordinary fellows

Thursday, December 01, 2005

My heroes

There's nothing like becoming a parent to help you understand how much love, energy, and dedication it takes to be a parent--or a grandparent.

Meet Joel and Rachel. You've seen them here before, but let me tell you a lil' something about them. Yesterday, they woke up at an ungodly hour and drove down from the Hudson Valley to Brooklyn in order to care for Elijah while Mom and Dad went to work. They stayed with Elijah all day, and judging by how happy he looked when we got home, my parents did a fantastic job taking care of my beloved son. Then, well after dark, they got in their car and drove the two hours back home. Truly, they are my heroes, and they are showing me yet again what it means to love and care for your family.

So, hats off to you, Mom and Dad! And thank you, thank you, thank you!

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem--That should be OUR beloved son.

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger mckibillo said...

yup, they're good folk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home